Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My Stage

My Stage


Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying I love you


Glee is ending next week. I hate when I allow myself to make an emotional connection with a television show, and it ends.


Then again, who makes an emotional connection with a television show? That's just silly. Allowing one's self to connect with a fictitious character...


Sometimes I just need that connection. The idea of characters being developed through these actors adheres to my love of acting. I want to be apart of something like that again. Character development and connections are my favorite thing about acting.


My high school career consisted of Odyssey of the Mind, the Play, the Musical, and choir. I needed these events as a means to express my creativity and temporarily displace myself from this reality I was graced with.


I am a performer. I am an actor. I have a deep passion and understanding for theater that most people can't comprehend. Even those who performed in shows with me will admit that when it comes to theater, I'm like no one you will ever meet.


My creative median has been my cooking this past year. I devoted nearly all of my time to Tim's Ugly Mug. What has it got me? Yes, I'm financially set for a little now, but what does that mean? I never felt the same way in that kitchen that I felt on that stage. It was similar, but it wasn't the same rush.


I quit my job on Sunday.


Saturday Night Steph, a bartender at Tim's, was in a very bad car accident. The following morning my phone woke me up. Brian, my manager, was going to cover her bar shift for the day, but his wife had been planning a surprise birthday party for him. Yes, Sunday was his birthday, and he was being forced to cover someone's shift. He couldn't do it. I told him not to open. I told him to enjoy his birthday, and that I wouldn't be going to work today.

Tim didn't like that. Brian told Tim he wouldn't cover Steph's shift. So, Tim fired Brian. I've always said that if Brian were to leave Tim's Ugly Mug, I would leave with him. Tim called me, and before he could ask me to go work the bar, I quit. He didn't know what to do. I feel bad for him, but word has already gotten out about his firing Brian on his birthday. Nobody wants to give their money to somebody so soulless.


I tend to jump points around too much when I write an emotionally infused blog.


My point is, I need a new creative median. Not only a job, but something more. I need to be able to express myself in what I do.


I need to “Take the stage” once more.

2 comments:

  1. So, I apologized to Brian about Tim firing him. Didnt do much, but piss him off even more. He told me i F-ed his and his family's life, so FU and go to HELL. I know my accident was my fault, but acording to him and the people that are close to him a.k.a the Mug drunks, it is also my fault he got fired. I apparently put a gun to his head and told him to talk to Tim the way he spoke to him.

    But on a different note, The MUG just isn't the same without you, Brian, or Trista. Not too sure about how you feel about the whole situation, but Brian and, I'm pretty sure, Trista want nothing to do with me. Well you three left and Tim replaced three with not three, but five new people. Feels like a completely different place.

    I fixed my resume up, sent it out and I am scheduing interviews. Yay for me! But I miss you Christian. Hope you're doing well.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opportunities are everywhere. You are exceptionally talented. You just need to find your new challenge. Look in unexpected places. You'll find something.

    ReplyDelete