Monday, January 3, 2011

My New Year

So this is the new year.
And i don't feel any different.
The clanking of crystal
Explosions off in the distance


It's common practice for everyone to make a New Year's Resolution and then not really follow through with it. I usually just make a bullshit one, and then proceed to not follow through, but this year I think I'll change that.


I wasn't very happy with 2010. It was not a very good year to me. I do admit that I've changed, both physically and mentally, this past year more than any previous year. My appearance is much, much different. I started this summer at 163lbs, and as of today I weigh 198.5lbs. I go to the gym on a regular basis, and I just feel healthy.


If it hadn't been for James's preparing for the army this summer, then I would have never gone in to the gym, and I would still be skin and bones.

For the first time, I went through a period with out my best friend by my side. I made new friends at school, but non of them match up to James.


I've had a relationship for the first time since 2009; boy, was that a mistake. I need to make sure to stick to my guns this year. There really is only one girl in this world for me, but I have to wait. It sucks, but the wait is worth it. Definitely worth it.


With my probation coming to an end, I'll get to have a little more of my old freedoms back. I'll be able to indulge in my old pleasure, which I hope will bring me back to my old self a little bit. Looking back at where I was at this point last year, it's just such an amazing change. I just have to make sure I stick with my college career the way I am. I can't get lazy on it. As a wise man once said, “this is real life.”


There's no turning back from here
I've got to get away from everyone who's left
Everyone who's left
I'll tell the saddest story
Of how we made it through this past year


So, that being said my New Years Resolution is to do whatever it takes to make sure that I am happy with my life.


I know that may sound a little cliché, but this past year was awful for me, and there were plenty of times where I was just completely unhappy with my life. It's time I started being a little selfish. I usually try to make sure I can do my best to make others happy, but I need to put a hold on that. I'll still do my best to make others happy, but I need to put myself first, and that's just what I'm going to do.


Goodbye 2010, you were a miserable year. 2011, let's do this shit.


I wish the world was flat like the old days
Then i could travel just by folding a map
No more airplanes, or speed trains, or freeways
There'd be no distance that could hold us back.

No comments:

Post a Comment