Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Finale


It’s amazing; it’s truly, truly amazing. I’ve graduated; I’ve finished my high school career.

The ceremony was beautiful; it was nice being one of the first to enter. The choir sang this year where normally the band would sing. We sang Footprints, a song about leaving an impression. It’s amazing how we seniors pulled the song off together. I thought Mrs. Benn was going to cry in the middle of the song, but she held back.

I guess I’m just getting used to the fact that after that day I won’t see a lot of people from my class. That fact both upsets me and entices me. I’m glad that I won’t be seeing some of those faces again, but I know I’m going to miss a lot of them. I know I’ll keep in contact with the important people in my life, but there are others that I’m sure I’ll miss.

Sam’s speech really hit home for me. When she was listing different forms of teams I looked over towards Nickolas and realized how much the cast members of the play become dependent on each other. I’ve learned so much from my cast members, and I’m sure they’ve learned from me. It makes me wonder what impressions I’ve left on the underclassman. What lessons have I taught them?

I just hope that somewhere down the road, when I’m looking back on my high school life, I can remember my graduation, my finale. I don’t just mean the moment I entered, my singing Footprints, and my name being called. I mean the moments of reflection that kept coming forward throughout the speeches. The memories I have gathered could never be replaced, and if they could I wouldn’t. I love the life I’ve lived thus far, and I cannot wait to continue onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment