Friday, June 26, 2009

My Journal

Every few months I decide to start keeping a journal. I've never fully been able to handle it though. I'd miss a night and see no point in continuing. Today I pulled out a nice notebook I had lying around and decided to start a summer journal.
The first entry I will write today and the last entry I will write on August 25th, 2009. I may not update everyday, but I will keep it up to date as often as possible. I feel like if I do this it will not only better my writing, but I could be able to sell it in the future.
Jack Kerouac was able to take his life, write it down and type it up, and eventually sell it as a series of books. Some of the greatest books I have ever read.
Why can't I do the same thing? The people in my life are worth reading about, my life is eventful, my life has drama, my life has adventure, my life has a romance.
I'm determined to become famous' whether I be a director, actor, or writer is up in the air. I just think that I have a story worth telling, and who ever is willing to read it will.
I'm not hoping to write the Great-American Novel; I'm just hoping to write something people will enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment